Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Breath of Fresh Air

On Tuesday morning I realized that the smoke was not hanging in the air like it usually does when I wake up in the morning.  There was also a chilled note in the air... may I dare hope that Fall is almost here?  With those thoughts in mind, I scrambled quickly to open all the windows and doors to let this fresh air permeate the house before the dreaded smoke came back.... I caught Peyt enjoying the back door screen as I walked in the room. He seemed fascinated with the idea that the outside was so close to him.  He kept putting his face up to the screen, then turning around to talk to me about it. As I am writing this, the smoke has returned full force, so we are back to air conditioned air and tightly shut windows.  But in that one beautiful day I was able to watch a moment of joy and childhood wonder that I can treasure and think back on.  It might have been an ordinary day and an ordinary moment... But to Peyt it was magical.  

 



No comments:

Post a Comment