Saturday, September 3, 2011

Run Maddy!! Run!!!

My sister, Holly came out to go for a short run with me this morning.  I really need to get my act together because my next race is right around the corner!  While I was getting dressed and waiting for Holly to get out here, Maddy sidled up beside me and with her beautiful big brown eyes working overtime... begged me to let her come with us.  I knew she couldn't handle 2 miles, but I told her after we got back she could go for her first run with me.  Her face lit up and she ran off to get her tennis shoes and socks.

Needless to say, she was waiting at the front door for us to get back.  She rushed us back out the door after we got something to drink and she was off!  I ran beside her the whole time, keeping her at a steady pace.  She wanted to go in a full on sprint, but I held her back telling her she needed to save her energy... Something she has PLENTY of!  We went .25 miles down and headed back towards the house.  She did fantastic.  I was soo proud of her. 

When we were almost home, I challenged her to a race to the drive way.  With a twinkle in her eyes, she shot off ahead of me and I had to actually kick it up to catch up to her.  She reached the driveway and was bouncing up and down in triumph!  She had done it!!  Her new goal is to run her first mile race next year.  I truly think we have a runner in the making!





No comments:

Post a Comment