Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

A letter to my sweet babies;

Christmas is over, the presents are unwrapped.  The tree is empty and the lights are off.  I am writing you this letter as you are contentedly playing with all of your new toys.  I hear cars rolling across the floor and happy voices calling back and forth.  I have been going through all the pictures I took a couple of days ago and picking some to share. 

Things have changed so much for Mommy over the years.  It seems like forever ago, but I was once a little girl excited for Christmas morning.. waiting to dive into the presents under the tree and rip into the paper hiding my presents.  But now it is you, Maddy, Travis and Peyton that I look forward to seeing on Christmas morning.  I wait with impatience to see your faces light up when you come around the corner and see the tree FULL of goodies.

This year was no different!  I actually had a hard time falling asleep on Christmas Eve in anticipation for the morning.  I heard the first peeps from you, Peyton and hopped out of bed faster than any other day of the year!  The looks on your faces did not disappoint and I was given the gift of watching the Christmas magic unfold in front of me that morning. 

Here are just a couple of the moments I captured.  I cherish them and look forward to the years ahead with you, my sweet children. 

Love you more than you can ever know,

Mommy


Daddy reading you The Christmas Story Poem before bed, Peyt watching the Grinch, Grandpa, Daddy and various children and Cookies for Santa and celery for the Reindeer.... Christmas Eve at our house!  

 

Reading about the birth of baby Jesus before presents, and then stocking time!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment