Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dear Maddy,

Today was your sixth birthday!!  You have been looking forward to this day for... well since the day you turned 5!  The day finally came and sweetie, you had it planned to the max! 

Today was a school day so the night before you poured over all the dresses in your closet to find the PERFECT dress to wear today, then you picked out your hair accesories and insisted that I straightened your hair.  After I finished you made sure I had gotten every strand and sighed with happiness as you went off to bed. 

This morning you popped out of bed early ( something that almost NEVER happens on a school morning..)  You got dressed and bounced around excitedly waiting for Grandpa to take you to school.  You also doubled checked the Scooby doo cupcakes to make sure they were ready to go for lunchtime.

I headed to school this afternoon to bring your cupcakes and then take you to the nail salon for your manicure.  You picked a bright BRIGHT purple and honestly I wasn't surprised... you have a new favorite color everyday and I love that about you.


You decided we should have Olive Garden for dinner... a decision I definitely agreed with!  When we got home, you enjoyed another cupcake while you finished your reading homework (it is a school night you know) 

Sweet girl, I just want you to know how much I love you and am grateful for the oppurtunity to be your mommy.  You are a gift that I treasure so much.. even though you sometimes stretch my patience.. :)  I have had a blessed six years with you and I am sooo excited to see what the next year brings.  You are a beautiful, vibrant, outgoing little girl and I know that God has amazing plans for you and your life!!  I am so thankful for the chance to be a part of your journey!  Happy Birthday Maddy Lynn!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment