Monday, June 18, 2012

Maddy's Big Day

Maddy graduated from Kindergarten at the beginning of June.  We have been so busy that I find that its the middle of June and I haven't had the chance to post the special occasion...

June 1, was dedicated to all things Madison.  I took of work to make sure that I could spend the whole day with my little girl who is growing up much too fast.  I picked her up from her last day of school and we headed to lunch, her choice... Olive Garden of course!  After enjoying soup, salad and bread sticks to her hearts desire, we headed to the nail salon to get manicures and pedicures in preparation for the big night.  After our nails were done, we headed home to get dressed for graduation.

Maddy remembered ALL of her lines for the evening's program and walked across the stage to get her "diploma" that had to be returned at the end of the night....  At the end of the evening they announced the children that won the Christian Character Award this year.  They chose one little boy and one little girl from each class.  My heart could not be any happier when I heard my Maddy girl's name announced as the recipient. 

It was a night to remember.  I cannot help but fast forward in my head to 12 years from now when Maddy walks across that stage once again.  My firstborn makes me so proud.  I love you Maddy Lynn <3









No comments:

Post a Comment